Sample Educational Forum for People of Faith
PROGRAM: The Freedom to Marry: People of Faith Support Same-Sex Couples!
- Welcome & Invocation
- NJ Religious Coalition for the Freedom to Marry
Mission description and goals for this forum.
- Voices of Faith
Clergy deliver statements / sermons about why it's important for people of faith to support equality in civil marriage, and to endorse the Marriage Resolution.
- Voices of Same-sex Couples
Same-sex couples tell from personal experience the harms they have faced by being denied access to civil marriage.
- Voices of Families and Allies
Family, friends, and ally organizations talk about why they support marriage equality.
- Call to Action
Deliver clear, concise actions that people in attendance can take. List them in the program as well.
NJ RCFM Steering Committee
Name (denomination), congregation, city
CALL TO ACTION [program insert]
The New Jersey Religious Coalition for the Freedom to Marry
1. Endorse the Marriage Resolution, a statement of support already endorsed by more than 130 clergy and 40 congregations in New Jersey!
2. Join in Marriage Sermon Sabbath. Have your congregation be a part of Marriage Sermon Sabbath. Give a sermon or provide brief comments about the importance of people of faith standing up for social justice and civil right of same-sex couples to marry.
3. Write a letter to the editor of your local paper. See the sample on reverse.
4. Attend the NJ RCFM informational meeting.